Luke has been in his crib for a week now, and surprisingly it went a lot better than both Josh and I hoped. The first night was difficult, but mostly for me (and Josh), not Luke. He actually has been sleeping very well every night overall, except for last night. I just don't know what makes this little boy tick. Ive been working on making sure he takes better naps during the day, hoping that would help him to sleep better at night, but that doesn't seem to work. We tried getting him up and feeding him (not him waking us up) and that completely back fired and bit us in the butt. I think he thought he could eat more often then, so he decided to wake up every 2 hours for the next 8 hours...let me tell you...not fun!!
For me, having my first child is very difficult. I'm learning, and Luke is learning, and its a matter of trial and error. It is definitely teaching me a lot of patience. I'm not going to lie, but I'm the kind of person who wants it all. I want this whole process of Luke sleeping through the night and of him taking good naps to be over and done with and
I WANT IT NOW.
I just need to keep reminding myself that there is a road that needs to be traveled, and it doesn't happen over night. Its just so hard and frustrating when he goes from sleeping 7 1/2 hours one night to 2 hours the next!
You've heard the saying "they don't come with an instruction manual"...why the heck not?!?!?!?!?! Its not fair being the first child, it really isn't! I'm the first of three girls, and Josh is the first of three boys.
Somehow, we both turned out semi normal, so I'm praying that Luke does too.
Trial and error.......definitely not fair!
No comments:
Post a Comment